We understand that your child’s experience in their first years has a profound impact on the rest of their lives from a learning and social perspective. That’s why we know how important it is to choose the right home away from home for your child. We know it is important to choose the right people to care for and enjoy your child like you do – a place where your child greets you with a big smile on his/her face and you’ll feel good knowing he/she had a great day. We know this because we are that type of center.
We are a NAEYC accredited early childhood program, a distinction held by only seven percent of child care centers in the U.S. It is the mark of excellence in child care. In order to achieve this prestigious accreditation, the center is required to undergo a comprehensive process of internal self-study and thorough external review. NAEYC accredited programs are proven to provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children. To find out more click here: NAEYC.org
–The Blake Center utilizes the state-approved Creative Curriculum, that embraces your child’s natural curiosity at every age. This is one of only five state-approved curriculum based upon research about how children learn best through age appropriate activities. We also strongly believe in the overwhelming benefit of play. Play weaves together many aspects of their world and helps them digest it in their own way. It is a central activity in their lives. From infants to preschoolers, we keep the spirit of creativity and active learning alive and growing.
- Healthy U and CATCH curriculum Healthy U is a collaborative partnership between the New Jersey YMCA State Alliance and the Horizon Foundation for New Jersey, a division of Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield. The program’s goal is to combat childhood obesity in children ages 3-13 through nutrition education, physical education and family involvement. The program utilizes the CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) curriculum to promote physical activityand good nutrition while showing kids that eating healthy and being physically active every day can be fun.
- Color Me Healthy - A program developed to reach children ages four and five with fun, interactive learning opportunities on physical activity and healthy eating. It is designed to stimulate all of the senses of young children: touch, smell, sight, sound, and, of course, taste. Through the use of color, music, and exploration of the senses, Color Me Healthy teaches children that healthy food and physical activity are fun.
- Spanish 101 - Young children are adept at absorbing new languages and we take advantage of that by introducing them to basic Spanish language; Preschool children are introduced to the Spanish language through stories, puppets, songs and more
- Discovery Science & Nature Study - We utilize the inquiry approach including monthly discovery science studies. This program teaches science, math and observation skills through hands on scientific activities and experiments. We encourage children to be inquisitive learners, teaching science through questions and answers - with the children asking questions and our staff providing answers. In addition to classroom science discovery, we utilize our parklike setting to teach children about nature hands on
- Our exceptional facility includes immaculate, bright classrooms, a large indoor gym and 2 age appropriate outdoor playgrounds. We also have a thriving vegetable and flower garden that the children water and harvest. We also have a rock climbing wall in our gym for preschoolers.
- Full week
- 6 weeks to 5 years
- Hours: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday-Friday
Swim lessons – Because we believe that learning to swim is an essential, life skill preschool swim lessons are part of our curriculum. It is included with tuition. The Preschool II and III classrooms swim each week next door at our YMCA indoor heated pool. You will be amazed at your child’s progress and have peace of mind knowing they are acquiring this valuable skill.
Music– Free with tuition! Each week Jam Cats sings in each of our classrooms from infants through preschool. He introduces songs to our older students and encourages them to sing a long while he plays his guitar.
Dance–Miss Tamy comes in each week to teach our preschoolers the joy and fun of movement. Children participate in different types of activities and dance from ballet to hip-hop and yoga, There is an additional fee for this program.
Sports– Free with tuition! Sports includes team work, following directions, sharing and the spirit of the games are all part of the sports curriculum.